comparison of spare parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone provide a rough comparison for boiler spares between Valliant and Worcester condensing boilers e.g. the things you are most likely to change in your normal day to day callout/servicing business. For example
Circuit boards
Fans
ignition/Gas valves etc
I am trying to decide between a Valliant ecotec (or 800 series) and a Worcester Greenstar 30CDi. I have been offered a 7 year warranty on the latter but have read a lot of bad reviews about things going wrong such as fans and circuit boards. I know some Heating engineers have favourites but a rough rule of thumb will hjelp me make a decision.
Fozzie

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately with so much technology packed into a modern boiler failures are always going to occur, however Vaillant v Worcester, I would go for the Vaillant every time, if only because the Vaillant is easier to maintain, worcesters although easy to install can be a pig to work on afterwards! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back