Competent persons scheme insurance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone who has competent persons scheme insurance please tell me who they are insured through and the approximate annual cost please.
CORGI for electrical and plumbing CP schemes seems to be in a bit of a mess.

Sponsored Links
Trade Direct & Chares Roxborough both do 'packaged' schemes tailored for electricians.

Starts with PLI plus tools cover then there's options for inspections (professional indemnity) injury, death, forum abuse, etc etc

CORGI for electrical and plumbing CP schemes seems to be in a bit of a mess.
That's because they had their main line of business, the running of the gas fitters competency scheme, taken away from them. TBH I'm surprised they are still clinging on - can't be much money in running an electrical scheme which was never full-scope, or a plumbing scheme.

Sponsored Links
I'm with NICEIC insuarance services, allthough i'm not a member of NICEIC, it actualy got cheaper this year so i went up to £5M PL and £50K PI.

They are actually groupama insurance behind the scenes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back