inspection and testing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wouldnt mind a few opinions please.

am always getting hassled by people who want me to carry out PIR's.

im an electrical maintenance engineer with all kinds of quals (MA, 2381, 2391, 2340, nvq's, hnc', hnd, 2377, btec's) so therefore would class myself as a competent person.

currently working in industry however so therefore not registered to a part P scheme.

whats peoples opinions on me doing PIR's without being a scheme member, obviously id get the right insurances

same question goes for PAT testing aswell.

cheers

Sponsored Links
There is absolutely no requirement whatsoever to be a member of any trade or industry body to be able to carry out PIRs or PAT testing.

But bear in mind that many organisations who are behind the requests for such testing, e.g. local authorities, insurance companies, may require the person doing them to be a member, but this would be regular "approved contractor" type membership, not "domestic installer" - testing has nothing to do with Part P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back