PIR's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys n gals

i know this topics been done to death but its something thats relevant to me at the minute and there's some steady heads on here so i wouldnt mind a few opinions if possible please.

because im working in industry as a maintenance spark at the minute ive obviously no need to be a registered scheme member.

i am however always getting asked to do PIR'S for people and would like to do these as ive got ambitions to be doing inspecting and testing part time, so this side work would be good to get my name banded about a bit.

was wondering whats people's thoughts on me doing PIR'S whilst not been a scheme member. i know its only technically got to be a competent person but obviously its better if you are a scheme member.

ive got loads of quals (2381,2391,2377,ONC,HNC,NVQ's,APPRENTISHIP) so id class myself as competent but im also aware its a minefield out there these days and you've got to cover yourself.

Sponsored Links
On an entirely different slant, check your contract of employment. Many of them say you mustn't do anything comparable to what you do at work and must get approval for any other part-time jobs.

good point John D.

dont think there'l be a problem on that front though, am sure someone's already tested the water before regarding that and was given the all clear.

Sponsored Links
industryspark said:
...i am however always getting asked to do PIR'S for people...
We asked the electrician down the street to do our PIRs. He does industrial work as well.
He just made sure that we were aware that he wouldn't be able to certify the work.

We were happy with that as unless you're about to sell your house and need to provide the documentation its all nonsense really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back