complete brake failure, I'm a lucky boy

The lesson in all this is, make sure your seating position allows your foot to reach deep into the footwell

You required a lesson to become aware of this?

I would not feel in control of the vehicle otherwise.

I couldn't operate the clutch correctly for a start, as both my legs are roughly the same length.

Sponsored Links
You required a lesson to become aware of this?

I would not feel in control of the vehicle otherwise.

I couldn't operate the clutch correctly for a start, as both my legs are roughly the same length.

Automatic cars don't have clutch pedals.

Sponsored Links
Automatic cars don't have clutch pedals.

I also couldn't floor the accelerator.

Or use the full travel of the brake pedal if there was a problem with the brakes for example.

Like I said - not in full control of the vehicle.

I have had brakes fail in the past due to the fluid boiling due to spirited driving - which I certainly don't do now! that was on a PC Cresta though so it was a few years ago.

Peter
You cannot boil brake fluid (in a brake system), but you can boil the water that the brake fluid absorbs over time, when this boils it creates steam which compresses easily so the pedal hits the floor, once the system cools down the steam turns back to water and the brakes work again.

That's the theory but each time (after the first time) it happened on my bike, it was only days after I had completely flushed and bled the system with quality brake fluid from a new, sealed bottle. If it gets hot enough, it'll boil!

Sponsored Links
Back