Compliance Certificate.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I had a lot of work done last summer and finally got the compliance certificate through the post yesterday but it seems a little vague. I've tried to attached a photo but for some reason this app isn't allowing it.

Anyway, underneath where it says 'Description of Notifiable Work' it lists "Electrical" and then "Circuit alteration or addition in a special location" its this all that should be on there?

I had a extension built so the kitchen ring was extended, a new CU was fitted and a cable run from that new CU to a shed where I have a light and 3 sockets. The certificate just seems a little vague considering what work was carried out.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The EIC the electrician issued at the time should have all the details on it.

A compliance certificate is just a confirmation certificate from building control that a) they’ve been notified and b) it meets building regs (although they don’t actually know it does, they’re relying on the scheme provider to police that)

As per Ban's reply, the guy should have left (or posted soon after leaving) an Electrical Installation Certificate covering the new circuit and the board change and a Minor Works Certificate for the ring final extension.

Sponsored Links
This looks like that EIC you are referring to it's just taken nearly a year to et it!

As soon as I figure out why I can't send pictures I'll hopefully sort it and send one.

This

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3780336286.jpg
    iOS Image - 3780336286.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 125
  • iOS Image - 1414299559.jpg
    iOS Image - 1414299559.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 119
That is a Building Regulations compliance certificate, not an Electrical Installation Certificate.

'Special location' is a bathroom or similar.

You should have received - fairly quickly from the electrican - paperwork for the extension and kitchen work.

Several sheets that look like this

Cert2.png

That is a Building Regulations compliance certificate, not an Electrical Installation Certificate.
Indeed - and that is precisely what the OP said it was! ...
Greenie9657 said:
... finally got the compliance certificate through the post yesterday but it seems a little vague. I've tried to attached a photo but for some reason this app isn't allowing it.

Kind Regards, John

It was just a Google image to show Greenie the type.

Edit - That was a reply to a post that seems to have disappeared. :?:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back