composite doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ready to replace our front door. Thinking of composite one. Are Eurocell quality ok? After bit of research on internet I see a lot of different firms doing same styles but at varying prices and can't tell what the difference is. Eurocell is local to me and recommend a fitter. Opinions gratefully received :)

Sponsored Links
The main difference is solid core vs foam core, if your flush with cash go for the solid, if working to a budget get a foam, there are a few players in the composite market like eurocell, doorstop, solidor, rocal, distinction, I've seen all these and repaired most and never really found any issues between solid or foam, most common is south facing doors warping or cracking around the raised squares and gaskets tearing along the threshold

they feel cheap though and I have a solidor. I'd rather have stuck with a nice oak set up.

they probably keep the draft out better.

even though it would be a stupid waste of money I'm actually thinking of ripping mine out and it's only 3 months old.

mmm.... thanks guys. Mine is south facing and I'm on the south coast ! I'm going to have another think before committing myself to anything. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Was sent out the other day to look at torn gasket on a 2 year old rocal door.....
20160922_111818.jpg

Around the handle

20160922_111835.jpg

Near the top hook

On another door, this a doorstop was torn gasket, 5 years old
20160908_103218.jpg

Attachments

• 20160908_103306.jpg
    20160908_103306.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 62

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back