Composite front door frame- is this possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Id like to start getting quotes to replace my wooden front door with a new composite door, but need to know if a upvc frame can be made to fit the shape of of the door way.

As you can see the frame would need to be curved at the top. Id also like the door to be outward opening due to restricted space behind it, as theres an inner door behind thats hinged identically. So my questions are..

1) Can a frame be made to fit the shape of my doorway?
2) Should the hanging style be on the right or left (when viewed from outside)?
3) Would their have to be a step over threshold due to profile of frame?

2cf77733-519e-4e58-8d26-801f09558852_zpsudnxrdug.jpg

f87d0185-db34-4b74-8840-296cf3932553_zpssmyzqkom.jpg

Sponsored Links
Should be fine and with a low threshold

Thanks, so do they make a template for the arched doorway, or just accurate measuring?

Well I measure them. Not sure about anybody else

Sponsored Links
Thanks. So are there any rules when it comes to choosing which way to hinge a door? The inner front porch door is inward opening and hinged on the right (when looking from outside). I was thinking of having the outer door outward opening and hinged on the right.

with the limited space in the porch , I would do that too...that way , looking at your picture , both doors are still hinged on right, also means , when installing a low threshold you don't need to worry if the floor has lumps/bumps , or slopes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back