computer infrared and problem loadind pictures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hp pavilion 774uk computer. There are two questions I need help with. I have a sony ericcson mobile camera phone and wish to download photos to my home computer via infrare, my phone has this ability to do this. Do I need extra hardware for my computer or does it have this already. I am not a total computer idot but have never used mobile and computer infrared system before.

Also I am have recently had problems loading images from my computer to ebay. I am having to go via firefox which loads them and revert back to internet 7. the error code is telling me that the URL link is missing or corrupt. Have followed instructions given by ebay but but problem still persists. I suppose what I really need to know is how do I get the URL link back.

Really appreciate any help. thanks Joan

Sponsored Links
Infrared is dog slow. Its fine for remote controls and sending the odd contact, but for downloading photo's I would use the USB cable everytime. There was a 4Mbps infrared spec, but my experience is that it never works between different manufacturers kit.

You would need to buy an infrared adapter anyway which you can get on USB, so you could do it, I just wouldn't bother. Does your phone do bluetooth? Its a much better wireless option and bluetooth USB dongles are cheap as chips now.

Pete

I have a hp pavilion 774uk computer. There are two questions I need help with. I have a sony ericcson mobile camera phone and wish to download photos to my home computer via infrare, my phone has this ability to do this. Do I need extra hardware for my computer or does it have this already. I am not a total computer idot but have never used mobile and computer infrared system before

Most laptops have IR but desktops is usually (if at all) optional. As mentioned it is slow and you would be much better off with a USB or Bluetooth connection. Going back a few years I had a nokia with IR and a laptop, I actually used to go online with this combination !

Also I am have recently had problems loading images from my computer to ebay. I am having to go via firefox which loads them and revert back to internet 7. the error code is telling me that the URL link is missing or corrupt. Have followed instructions given by ebay but but problem still persists. I suppose what I really need to know is how do I get the URL link back.
Not sure what you man by reverting back ? Anyways, whilst IMO firefox is much better than IE (6 anyway) some pages dont display properly, the selling pages on ebay springing to mind. Are you able to upload when you go through IE ?

Sponsored Links
Back