Computer Scam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a virus or scam on my computer. Full Screen with Meropolitan Police logo and McAfee logo. States that your computer has been using illegal sites and asks for a fine to be oaid to unlock your computer. No close button. Luckily AVG found it and blocked it. So, this is a warning - make sure your antivirus is up to date.

Sponsored Links
I'm no computer expert but when I've had something like that I just restart the computer without clicking on the window.
That usually gets rid of whatever....I think.

Got the same a few weeks ago, was looking at replica breitlings as i don't want to wear my real one to work, was on a site from the netherlands and up it popped 'your computer has been locked', metropolitan police logos all over it and also instructions to follow on how to unlock it, just nip and buy a voucher and enter the code into a box on the screen to unlock.

At first i crapped myself but then thought hang on, if the met has deemed it serious enough to lock my pc for looking at dodgy sites how come i can just pay the money,buy a voucher and they'll just unlock it as if nothing happened, i googled it and found pages of others that got the same

And it originates from the netherlands

Just to add it got past McAfee in the first instance but did a full scan and it cleared it, maybe just turning off and on again would of cleared it too

Sponsored Links
Back