computer slowing down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When using EBAY for any length of time my computer slows down so much the only answer is to turn off power and restart this only happens with ebay any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
With the info you have supplied, the only answer can be, stop using ebay.

chrisbur said:
When using EBAY for any length of time my computer slows down so much the only answer is to turn off power and restart this only happens with ebay any help would be much appreciated.
Might help if you gave the following info.
What browser
What Op system
What memory
What connection speed

Sponsored Links
Don't sign in to ebay unless you need to. Also in your cookies folder delete all from ebay there will be dozens.

In Internet Explorer 7 goto tools, internet options. On the general tab click Delete in the "browsing history". This should take you to a screen with the delete options.
You may need to log back into DIYnot if you do this btw.

Do a Cntrl-Alt-Delete look at processes, see which is using up your resources chances one is at 99 or thereabouts, if it's the system idle process that's high check to see if your hard drive is constantly accessing, if so look for a process called lsass.exe is it's Memory Usage changing and a High value? If so download Ad-Aware the free version
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html
install and run it , it will more than likely find the offending file and rogue registry changes , highlight the check box for the file and click next to remove it.

if it's the system idle process that's high check to see if your hard drive is constantly accessing
99% idle is GOOD, it means what it says, 99% idle.
Just because the hdd is being accessed a lot doesnt for one minute point to just lsass (which, incedentally is the name of a genuine microsoft file used to check user credentials as well as there being some nastys that have the same name).

Guy's, look at the original post date. Post should be locked as the OP has not been back.

eggplant said:
99% idle is GOOD, it means what it says, 99% idle.
Just because the hdd is being accessed a lot doesnt for one minute point to just lsass (which, incedentally is the name of a genuine microsoft file used to check user credentials as well as there being some nastys that have the same name).
The above is a known malware problem and the system is far from being idle if it is as described in my previous post. so if the system idle is showing around 99% yet the HDD is constantly accessing then lsass.exe could very well be the trojan and not the essential system file. It's a case of not taking what the process list is showing on it's own but what other actions are taking place also, it's merely a tool to assist diagnostics but the interpretation of the data and how it is acted on is what counts.Although the original poster may have long gone I reply in order for future reference.

Sponsored Links
Back