anti malware doctor

S

starspark

hi guys im a bit slow on the computer front so bare with me!!
somehow i think i have managed to get a virus or something that is named the above??
all of a sudden all these pop ups etc came up on my computer about it the other day and for some reason my computer has been running slow since then and restarting itself saying it has to close due to fatal error??
now i have an icon saying a drive in a RAID 0 is failing and needs to be backed up immediately??
As u can tell i am slightly clueless!!can any of you guys help or advise please?
regards,
starspark

Sponsored Links
Please download MalwareBytes' AntiMalware

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Then click Finish

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select > Perform Quick Scan, then click > Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click > OK, then > Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click > Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Save this log to My Documents in case it is needed for reference.
Reboot as required.

If Malwarebytes Anti-malware or any of your security programs won’t install, run or update, then you’ve probably got malware or the effects of malware on the computer (some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-malware and other security tools).

Follow instructions:

http://www.myantispyware.com/2009/06/08/malwarebytes-wont-install-run-or-update-how-to-fix-it/

Post back when you have run the MBAM and, hopefully, cleaned the computer. State which Windows operating sytem you used, XP, Vista or Win 7.
You will need to purge your system restore points once your computer is clean but DO NOT do that yet, I will post instructions once you come back.

dave

right all that is done i had 87 infections!!! it said it couldnt remove all files though?does this matter?
upon restarting i had 2 run dll programs unable to start?it doesnt appear to have affected anything though.
also its still says a drive in raid o is failing??
thanks again for the advice
i have windows vista by the way

Sponsored Links
write down the names of the dlls (the whole error message) and post them here please, i'll have a look for you. Also include the raid problem.

right well the dlls have not come up this morning but the raid thing is an icon bottom right and just says a drive in a raid o volume is failing try to back up data immediately i also keep gettin message saying windows has failed and needs to shut down i x it out and windows update comes up i x that out and its fine or appears to be! then 10 min later it will pop up again

err how do i back up??like i said at beginning im a bit dense on computers!!
also do i need to purge system restore as said before??how is this done??

Sounds to me like you WINDOWS installation has gone pear shaped!!

The only way to fully recover from this is a WINDOWS re-install

You will have lost a huge amount of performance due to being compromised and sadly no magic UTILITY will give you that back!!

Either you learn to set-up your PC/LAPTOP the best way or pay someone to do it for you, but ultimately you need to be able to fully restore your INSTALLATION from a back up image, this can be stored on a partition on your drive

Most of my PC/LAPTOP's get a re-install every 3-6 months and that is not due to VIRUS activity, I just do it to freshen it up

If your interested in this idea, let me know I can give you more advice

Hope that helps

@EFCLee1 can you please stop suggesting re-installing windows as a solution for everything. Constantly formatting and re-installing is detrimental to hard drives. Also seagate tools is not a MAGIC utility, it is a diognostic tool so i can determine if the hdd is faulty.

Starspark, just get your music files and documents etc. somewhere safe i.e on an external hard drive or on dvd's, programs and drivers can be downloaded again if lost, so don't worry about them for now.

Once you have done that, go to the start menu> all programs> accessories, right click on command prompt and run as administrator, once the black screen comes up type in sfc /scannow this will check that all your system files are present and correct :) then go to my computer and right click on the hard drive click properties. At the top click the tools tab> under error checking click "check now" in the box that pops up make sure BOTH boxes are ticked and click start, it may say it will schedule this for the next restart, restart, go watch some telly ;) keep me posted.

@EFCLee1 can you please stop suggesting re-installing windows as a solution for everything. Constantly formatting and re-installing is detrimental to hard drives. Also seagate tools is not a MAGIC utility, it is a diognostic tool so i can determine if the hdd is faulty.

I will suggest what I believe to be correct advice so the OP can choose either to action it or dismiss it, speaking from many years of experience and meeting countless people who also share this opinion, if you don't believe me then register yourself an account on w w w . t e c h e x a m s . n e t and in your first post, ask how reliable a windows installation is after being compromised by virus/malware etc.......

"Constantly formatting and re-installing is detrimental to hard drives" - This comment speaks volumes!! Before you make statements like that on here please do your research

i hold my hands up to the detrimental effects of formatting hdd's, i was wrong, but the fact still remains that you advice to format a drive just because of a small malware infection is just daft.

i hold my hands up to the detrimental effects of formatting hdd's, i was wrong, but the fact still remains that you advice to format a drive just because of a small malware infection is just daft.

What fact? Where is the FACT that re-installing windows once a PC is compromised is DAFT, I will admit for the average Joe doing such a task is a bind but I also maintain and have said in many posts that windows should be backed up to an image and restored in a matter of minutes if needed

C drive windows D drive storage, image of C stored in D, always 5 minutes from a complete overhaul!! None of that virus removal nonsense which in my opinion can never be 100% successful!!!! This is what fellow IT staff all agree with so I suppose you do need some level of IT knowledge to comprehend it!!

do stop whinging, you are boring, also i think it's a bit rude to keep going on when someone still needs help all you are doing is taking up space on the thread.

do stop whinging, you are boring, also i think it's a bit rude to keep going on when someone still needs help all you are doing is taking up space on the thread.

yer yer whatever, you keep chatting chit and I will keep correcting you maybe you will learn something

its already apparent how obnoxious you can be so lets agree to keep it civil, first question. how many IT jobs have you had?

Sponsored Links
Back