concealed cistern.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently fitting out an en-suite bathroom in my new extension, and have come across a problem.

The en-suite will be 1100 wide and i need to fit a toilet across this width.
The trouble I'm having is that the toilets with cisterns stick out too far. I only want it to stick out 500mm. This would mean having a concealed cistern.

The toilet is going under the window .
Can I remove the inner leaf of the wall (its not supporting anything) and build a frame to carry the concealed cistern roughly in the place where the inner leaf blocks would be.

The waste will be going straight through the outerleaf and will be concealed by a canopy outside.

I could then fit a back to wall toilet and make the window ledge removable for access to the cistern.

It this feasable and does anybody know of this being done before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave

Sponsored Links
you can do what you want its your house (I hope) what your suggesting would work but you would need to protect the cistern and water pipes from fost damage.

as someone who does maintenance, its a big NO from me, how would you get to it to check the ballvalve, tighten the handle or do anything,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back