concealing water pipe work in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i need to conceal two 15mm(grey plastic) hot/cold water pipes, which are running down from ceiling to kitchen sink area. The wall is interior single block, i've dot and dabbed up to pipe work which is now just below the level of the plasterboard. Question is can i just conceal these pipes in a sand and cement mix or even dry wall adhesive,,,,, then carry on skimming straight over that or will there be a problem with condensation. is there a proper way to do this? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I'd put a nice thin piece of ply/hardboard over it, with some nice moulded edging, and paint it the same colour as the rest of the wall.
If you plaster/cement it in, the next poor soul who buys your house won't know the pipes are there.
If you intend tiling the wall, tile straight over the gap, packing behind with some screwed-up paper to stop all the grout going straight through.
Personally, cos I'm a good guy, I always leave a note telling the new owners where all the pipes and cables run that may not be obvious.
In line with regs, of course.
John

ok, thanks for advice. i'm tiling part way up that's mainly way i didn't want to box the pipes in.

I did the same on my kitchen extension, protected the pipes with tape then put loads of plasterboard join tape over then skimmed the bit above the tiles, no cracks yet !!!!!

Sponsored Links
protected the pipes with tape
Thanks for that-
Do you mean duct tape or some other tape?

Dont know about duct tape ? should be ok, but I got given some Denso tape from a plumber at work , but my pipes were copper.

Black Nasty, as used by HMAF: sticks to anything and much, much better than shít to a blanket in an H Block protest ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back