concep advanced microprocessor control alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.. i had the above alarm system installed about 20 years ago and it's worked fine until now. The battery is ok i tested with a multi meter. It has started just giving one bleep when the alarm goes off. I have disconnected the battery and turned the power off and on. Now here's the strange thing. It only does it overnight. When i test it in the day over a time of about 10 minutes it works fine, but when i set the alarm overnight and get up in the morning the alarm just gives one bleep and that's it.
help please
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Replace it ! You can't test a battery with a multimeter , you need a proper battery tester, when was the battery last replaced ? I take it it's an ade concept panel ? Is the battery resistor burnt out ? Post picture of panel pcb.

Replace it ! You can't test a battery with a multimeter , you need a proper battery tester, when was the battery last replaced ? I take it it's an ade concept panel ? Is the battery resistor burnt out ? Post picture of panel pcb.
the battery is only a back up in case of a power cut the system works ok without battery. it is two years old

I know what the battery is for ! A faulty battery can cause various issues , a common issue with ade panels when a battery has gone faulty it can damage the panel and you get strange faults

Sponsored Links
.........................The battery is ok i tested with a multi meter.................
A healthy battery

Voltage is NO indication that there is any capacity available, in the same way
that fumes smelt in your car fuel tank is NO indication that petrol exists!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back