Concept alarm light control keypad question..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have successfully changed my alarm battery and just had a question about this secondary outside light control keypad.

The outside lights do not come on with the alarm or if triggered by the old PIR's that are outside but can be used manually from this keypad. However, when there is a power cut and the power comes back on, this keypad sounder goes off for a minute and the outside lights come on.

Any idea why this might be??

Thanks in advance.

RG

DSCF3207.jpg

Sponsored Links
with rehgards to your GJD light controller (not the ADE Concept intruder alarm system)
press the AREA buttons on the GJD keypad, and conduct a walk test.

please report back to let me know what happens

Oasis

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I just tried that, pressed just the area a and b buttons and the green led's light up. Went outside and the lights do not come on however the red led on detector 1 did illuminate when I walked past the front sensor.

This system and the alarm were here when we moved in in 2007 and we had no instructions, all we have used the lights for is press manual and area to light up outside when taking out rubbish etc.

Thanks again.

RG

outside lights wont come on untill its dark and area a and b must be lit otherwise its switched off.

Sponsored Links
That makes sense, I had never seen one of these control pads before and just thought it was linked to the alarm.

I've just tried it again in the dark and area a works correctly but when I switch on area b the light comes on straight away along with the detector light and it does not go off. I guess this is a pir sensor issue as it did not do it earlier in the daylight.

I'm not that bothered as we won't leave them on anyway due to the light pollution they give off but it would be useful to know why they come on after a power cut. This is a pain as if we are away and there is a power cut the lights come on and may not go off again.

Again, thanks for the replies.

RG

after a power cut the controller will normally come on with both areas selected and buzzer on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back