Concrete Driveway seasoned, path repair how to brush to match, How to fill concrete gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

After giving up on completely make up to my driveway with layer of resin bond due of cost not affordable at moment, I was thinking to make most of it with what I have.

During the years due of new pipes the concrete has been cut and patched and the top cement layer still visible compared to the rest. (See photo below). Any idea if this can be brushed with some tools or anything to make look better.

How would you fill the gap between the slab?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can add a photo by copy and paste

Or by
More options
Upload a file

Photo attached

Attachments

• 20220316_084310.jpg
    20220316_084310.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220316_084304.jpg
    20220316_084304.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 105
Sponsored Links
You could jet wash the new bits to erode the fines away from the surface.

Or try some diluted brick acid/cleaner but be ready to wash it away with a hose quickly to neutralise it.

The joints are movement joints and would normally be filled with a mastic product, but be much thinner than they are. I'd just rake them out and fill with a sharp sand/cement mix.

You could jet wash the new bits to erode the fines away from the surface.

Or try some diluted brick acid/cleaner but be ready to wash it away with a hose quickly to neutralise it.

The joints are movement joints and would normally be filled with a mastic product, but be much thinner than they are. I'd just rake them out and fill with a sharp sand/cement mix.

Tryied to jet wash the new bits but nothing happen. It may require a crazy powerful jet washer what a normal Karcher cannot do.

Do you have any link to the specific acid/cleaner product?

Will sharp sand/cement mix not crack? This will absolutely be the cheapest option

Thanks

Tryied to jet wash the new bits but nothing happen. It may require a crazy powerful jet washer what a normal Karcher cannot do.

Do you have any link to the specific acid/cleaner product?

Will sharp sand/cement mix not crack? This will absolutely be the cheapest option

Thanks
Just google for brick acid cleaner

Joints wont crack if you do it properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back