Concrete floor not level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a concrete floor, however it is not level. for example one side of the area is perfectly level and cannot go any thicker due to equipment bedded into the floor. however the other side is approx 2 inches lower making it quite a slope. i was initially thinking self levelling compound but when i measured the area 2 inches was too much to fill. now if i fill it with concrete the 2 inches side will be fine however the side wher it doesnt need any or half a cm would it not break because it is too thin?
also what would the best way to prepare the floor before i put the concrete on?
thanks

Sponsored Links
you will find it almost impossible and totally impractical to lay concrete this thin. As you said it will break up too. 75mm really is the min for concrete, less than that use screed, less than 30mm use higher performance screed, less than 10mm use self levelling.

The biggest problem is finding a product which can be layed at 50mm and also at 10mm.

Hi, yes it is a garage floor! ive just discovered that the top layer of the floor is actually ashphalt and it is approx 1cm thick. it comes off really easily and it is solid concrete underneath. would you think its best to take the ashphalt off and concrete everywhere? or just put everything on top of the ashpalt - concrete, screed, and self levelling??
thanks again!

Sponsored Links
What age is the house? the apshalt may have been a form of dpm.

hi again. if i was to put screed on top of the ashphalt, would it be too thin and just crack after i have drove a few cars over it? got a few people in and some said dig it all up and concrete it as everything else will crack as i will be having cars driving over it all the time. thanks.

Sand and cement screed is not really suitable for vehicle traffic and definately not if its not bonded to a concrete sub-base.

It sounds like you may be best off replacing the concrete floor.

Sand and cement screed is not really suitable for vehicle traffic and definately not if its not bonded to a concrete sub-base.

It sounds like you may be best off replacing the concrete floor.
Good advice ditto to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back