Concrete guttering job / double glazing order & prices.

Sponsored Links
Pitch (which is roof angle from horizontal if you don't know) has nothing at all to do with it.

It’s one of those, you either have it cut off or properly lined. Next doors has been done shyte, a little soffit would have been nice, instead they’ve lost a row of tiles (I think) also it’s gospel if you’re a conc removal company that you never do a semi, it’s either all or nothing but looks like they weren’t bothered and done half a house and they always leak in the middle, just look at the water staining. Shyte.

Of course I’m biased and say have it lined but now the neighbours have had it done, if you had yours done then at least it will all match up, even though you won’t have a little soffit. The house will probably look more in uniform and at least you won’t have that damn middle leak any more!

Below are pics of a recent job we lined down south. I had more pics but can’t find them but the finished gutter pointed underneath, sealed and painted in the original oatmeal colour that was on the house 80 years ago looks lovely.

Conc gutters last forever if looked after properly :)

It’s one of those, you either have it cut off or properly lined. Next doors has been done shyte, a little soffit would have been nice, instead they’ve lost a row of tiles (I think) also it’s gospel if you’re a conc removal company that you never do a semi, it’s either all or nothing but looks like they weren’t bothered and done half a house and they always leak in the middle, just look at the water staining. Shyte.

Of course I’m biased and say have it lined but now the neighbours have had it done, if you had yours done then at least it will all match up, even though you won’t have a little soffit. The house will probably look more in uniform and at least you won’t have that damn middle leak any more!

Below are pics of a recent job we lined down south. I had more pics but can’t find them but the finished gutter pointed underneath, sealed and painted in the original oatmeal colour that was on the house 80 years ago looks lovely.

Thanks, that looks really smart.

I'm getting a couple more roofers our for quotes and to get a feel for if I am confident in them.

Had one chap out who quoted £2400 for scaffolding, cutting out the concrete, fitting wooden board and then PVCU facias and gutters on top to front and back of house plus fitting a dry verge to the gable end.

Then had another guy come out with quoted £1500 which sounded too cheap.

Sponsored Links

]
South of Watford - near me ?;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back