concrete shed base - how level does it have to be?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am building a concrete shed base 15 sq metres and as I have used large lumps of concrete rubble to fill in a bit of a dip, I have depths of up to 25-30cm (10-12") that would need to be poured with concrete, in places. In most places, I have filled between the hardcore with 20mm stones to allow a 15cm concrete slab over the top. I am undecided whether leaving a few deeper pockets between hardcore would let concrete pour in and give a stronger result and a better key to the ground or whether I should fill all gaps with stones/shingle so that the concrete has an even and level bed to sit on, perhaps avoiding stress points and reduce the risk of cracking in the future? The sides are either wood shuttering or brick retaining wall. I am not proposing to use a damp membrane.
Does anyone know which would be the better approach?
Many thanks
Brian

Sponsored Links
wont make a difference in terms of strength. its a 6 inch shed base and its only going to be loaded with a shed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back