concrete strength for foundations ....help

Sponsored Links
what difference would that make?

i'm a fairly competent digger driver, so the cost of a digger against two men mauling for a day does not add up.

it would be fairly simple to dig off whilst there was no blockwork in the trench.

all this is speculation if you have no rear access. :rolleyes: :LOL:

what difference would that make?

i'm a fairly competent digger driver, so the cost of a digger against two men mauling for a day does not add up.

it would be fairly simple to dig off whilst there was no blockwork in the trench.

all this is speculation if you have no rear access. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Most of it will be used to fill the trench and rest compacted into floor

you will need to remove the fertile stuff from the oversite area.

there does seem to be rather a lot just for backfilling.

besides, surely you will have a pathway around the building - hence hard core for the remaining 6" or so?

we always lay a 1m 'mat' of compacted mot around our builds. it is so much easier to work on stone than on mud. we than have a reasonable base to stand the trestles upon.

all in all, a prepped area around the building only serves to speed the job along. with you having to ship in mot for the floor slab you may as well order a little bit more for the perimeter.

back filling with soil alone is a recipe for mud, what with winter coming and all.

Sponsored Links
I was just going to gravel the whole area around ontop of some landscaping fabric.

Once its built, will never need to go down the sides

Slightly off topic - is screed cheaper then c20 concrete?

Trying to calculate price for slab

a screed mix is not suitable for a floor slab.

you will need to lay a concrete slab, i.e. ballast (sand and gravel mixed), cement and water.

screed should only be used as a secondary layer.

a screed mix is not suitable for a floor slab.

you will need to lay a concrete slab, i.e. ballast (sand and gravel mixed), cement and water.

screed should only be used as a secondary layer.

ah right

A slab is all i need. may just get the same blokes in again

Not "needed" per se, but it will make your muck easier to work with. For the cost of a gallon of FEB you would be daft not to get some.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back