Concreting footings over soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

Would anyone know if it would be acceptable Practice to put a 110mm brown soil pipe inside a 150mm plastic pipe a
Concrete my footings Over it… the 110mm pipe is roughly 2.5 metres.
Many Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
I've seen a lot worse.
Are you concreting over the entire length of the pipe or just passing it through footings?

hi thanks for your reply,

I’m currently doing the footings for a porch and bay window at the front of my house which are going to be flush with each other.

Most of the soil pipe will be under the floor area of the bay window however there are two areas that the soil pipe is exposed across the width of the Footings. This is the area im
More concerned about as i
Don’t want to crush the pipe with concrete.

I’m a plumber by trade so happy with doing the pipe work, currently it’s clay pipe ( old) so I intend to rip that out and replace with pvc as I don’t want to have to dig up my bay window floor in a years time.

Even though im a plumber and deal
With soil pipe my experience doesn’t really cover foundations over pipes and happy to admit it. I do however come across lots of jobs were replacing pipes is a pain in the backside due to no space around the pipe to thread new piping.

I just don’t know enough about laying pipes through foundations!

Many thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Forgive my ignorance… why will it need moving? There’s loads of extensions with it under… I don’t want to come across rude as it isn’t my intention I’m just trying to figure why? Also I don’t think I can move it as the garden slopes so that will effect the fall if moved elsewhere

Maybe do a drawing so we can see what you want to do. You cant have a drain pipe inside the foundation running along with it. Crossing the foundation is fine...
At the end of the day if its your private drain pipe and building control are not involved you can do whatever you like...

Hi
Thanks for your reply , it’s crossing the foundation not running along the foundation … hopefully pic will help . You’ll see the drain in the footings.

The porch is getting extended to the left and the window is being brought forward
Thanks Jake

Attachments

• E34EBAFB-FC4D-4114-A580-ADA83A27343C.jpeg
    E34EBAFB-FC4D-4114-A580-ADA83A27343C.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 5387DB8B-CC91-4844-8002-485CBD5A5E27.jpeg
    5387DB8B-CC91-4844-8002-485CBD5A5E27.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 111
Hi s.k thanks for the reply and diagram. Does the lintel need to be the kind used on a supporting wall or could I use a paving slab?
Also I can’t seem to figure out from the
Diagram holds the lintel up or do
you use blocks on the sides the rest the lintel On them?
Thanks again
Jake

Hi s.k thanks for the reply and diagram. Does the lintel need to be the kind used on a supporting wall or could I use a paving slab?
Also I can’t seem to figure out from the
Diagram holds the lintel up or do
you use blocks on the sides the rest the lintel On them?
Thanks again
Jake
Normally use a 100mm precast concrete lintel. You can sit it on blocks or straight on to the footings. Depends what you need really...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back