Ducting under foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1930s suspended floor construction. Pretty much like the construction seen in the attached image.
I laid my new mdpe water pipe in a trench in the front garden, and passed some ducting (110mm soil pipe) under the porch, an v it had to go under the footings of the outside wall. I made a hole just about big enough to pass the soil pipe through.
Do I need a lintel over this pipe, or should it be ok given that it's only 140mm hole. Access would be a knightmare to dig this out properly. From the outside I have to squeeze between the garden path and garden wall where all of drainage, gas, electric and water pipes run, plus having to go underneath the porch which is 1m depth.

From the inside it isn't much better. Would have to pull up all the floor boards and work between joists, digging out 100mm of concrete.

Perhaps I can try and put some concrete between the tiny gap between the top of the pipe and the footings?

Attachments

• Duct.jpg
    Duct.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 585
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back