Condensate drain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As there is no nearby drain to run the condensate to, from a condensing boiler, suggestions as where it can be drained to. e.g. straight to ground through gravel sump?

The boiler is in a garage, with concrete floor inside, and slabbed concrete path outside.

regards

Sponsored Links
regs state it must be tapped into waste water drain only. If you want to chance it its up to you! Remember the condensate will be mildly acidic.
so i dont know how the price winning pansies will take to being watered with it.

Thanks. The nearest wastestack is 15 feet away, indoors, and I don't fancy taking up a dinning room and living room floor, just to get rid of tomato ketchup along a 32m waste pipe.

regards

Sponsored Links
regs state it must be tapped into waste water drain only.

Really? I have seen a diagram somewhere that shows a soakaway method of disposal, and what would happen on a property that is not on mains drainage? Would it cause problems for the cess pit?

condensate can go to a soakaway drill/make ahole in floor approx 18/24ins approx 6ins place 4ins pipe with some holes drilled in it .pipe lenght approx 18/20ins 4ins dia make sure holes face away from building ,fill with gravel/aggrecate backfill one soakaway suitable for condense

bripl said:
condensate can go to a soakaway drill/make ahole in floor approx 18/24ins approx 6ins place 4ins pipe with some holes drilled in it .pipe lenght approx 18/20ins 4ins dia make sure holes face away from building ,fill with gravel/aggrecate backfill one soakaway suitable for condense

Thanks.

so, 24 inch hole, 6 inch diameter, place 4 inch pipe with outward facing holes 18 inch deep and back fill? Or is my french that bad I can't understand? :)

regards,

18/24 deep
6ins dia
place 4in dia pipe in hole18/20ins lenght of 4in pipe
parlez vous franciez? hope this makes it easier to under stand

If you have clay soil I'd advise going a lot deeper and maybe more holes. I wonder what would happen with chalk - new cave systems all over Britain?

Use a post hole borer, by the way.

Going to bore through concretefloor of garage, until the holes deep enough, then do the business with pipe and backfill of peashingle. That should be OK

Thanks for all the suggestions etc. maybe I should keep the condensate, and when it is a large amount, sell it off as a Chemical Weapon of Mass Distruction? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back