Condensate drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having a survey done on Thursday to check the likelyhood of being able to have a condensing combi boiler installed in a cupboard under the stairs. The only issue I can see is that of the condensate drainage. There is no practical way of connecting to an internal waste pipe and the cupboard is on the opposite side of the property to the main external drains.

Before I have the survey done I want to do SOME research in to how this issue could be addressed. I see that a purpose made soak-away can be created but what does this involve?

Cheers,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Condensate can also be pumped up to cross over in the loft for example.

Might also be able to go under the floor.

There is rarely any situation where a condensing boiler cannot be fitted somehow. If the flue can go outside then so can the condensate.

Tony

Yeah I hope that the guy coming to do the survey is open to some creative thinking. As you say I'm sure that there always options to keep within regulations AND solve pretty much any problem. I guess you just end up paying more for it.

Sponsored Links
Done a bit more looking round. It seems that if its a real pain in the arse to connect the drainage a non-condensing boiler might be install as an exception. Question is, as I want the boiler re-located would this be enough to justify not fitting an non-condensing boiler.

Also, found this article.

http://www.atmos.uk.com/core_files/productDoc(93).pdf

Are the Atmos boiler any good? Are there any others on the market that don't need the drainage?

Cheers,
Steve

in all honesty there is no reasonable excuse for not fitting a condensing boiler. it is always a case of where you put it. As you have a loft then why not have it put up there. At least it's out of the way.

in all honesty there is no reasonable excuse for not fitting a condensing boiler. it is always a case of where you put it. As you have a loft then why not have it put up there. At least it's out of the way.

I don't have a loft! If I did all this would be a lot easier. I live in a ground floor flat with very few places where we could put the boiler. Kitchen or Cupboard under (upstair's) stairs. Kitchen is tiny, therefore would prefer boiler to be moved.

Soakaway can be dug (usually 500mm) away from property, depending on the type of ground its going into I.E. concrete/soil etc its an easy enough job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back