condensate pipe and PRV outlet into HepV0 valve

Guys, thanks for all your contributions so far. I will go back round to the flat next week to see if I can work out why the pipes weren't taken outside in the first place.

Bearing in mind that all this is going on under the kitchen sink, would the following arrangement be 'legal'? PRV to be connected to 40mm waste pipework via a tundish; condensate pipe tees into this same 40mm pipe lower down (below tundish); then a trap before this pipe joins up with the 40mm pipework from the sink (i.e. this last tee would be after the kitchen sink trap.

Would that be acceptable?

Sponsored Links
but thats alot going on under the sink, like a said before, u want them outside, i would personally never have a prv inside, but if i had to i would run the condensate inside

I wouldn't mind some of these customers you guys have that don't mind pipes sticking out their walls all over the place! I'm currently qouting for one now thats knocked back a few qoutes because they were told the gas pipe has to run around the wall and the flue through the wall etc...
Anyway, looks like the lady of the house will get her way, no visible pipes out from the outside and a roof kit and a 2 day job is now looking like a week

Sponsored Links
I take your point Jordan about the PRV being outside. I guess what I'm trying to understand now is how close to being 'legal' the current arrangement is. As I said before, at the moment I don't know why the pipes weren't taken outside when the boiler was installed, but assuming that there was some reason which made this option particularly difficult, would the arrangement that I described in my last post be acceptable?

I'm wondering if the installer saw the funnel and HepV0 arrangement as a sort of poor man's tundish!?

a hope your charging the customer well for doing that
its all priced accordingly, but the main problem is I get alot of repair work, and leaving a job half way through a day to go and do something else is extremely unprofessional. Luckily I can pull the old man out of retirement and onto pipework and powerflushing duties :D

if you went to central europe you'd find its pretty much standard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back