Condensate pipe dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a central heating system fitted in a rental house and the condensate pipe has been run under the floor boards and attached to the outside waste pipe. It hadn't been sealed properly outside and has been constantly dripping. The plumber has now glued the pipe on the join to stop the leak but as this is one of many problems caused by shoddy workmanship I have no faith in him and just want to make sure that the boiler should be producing condensation continually. My boiler is similar, they're both Worcester Bosch, but mine collects the water and releases it when it's full so there isn't a constant drip. Can anyone help and put my mind at rest please. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
it'll have a trap in it, some Worcesters have bigger traps now, what model is it?
it wont constantly drip whatever the model, however if the condensate pipe isn't fitted properly (with a constant downhill angle) then the water wont run out all at once, some might collect after the initial flow and then slowly work its way out via the drip.
you say it's run under the floorboards, is it upstairs? because there's not usually much room between the floor and the downstairs ceiling to get much of an angle.

Sponsored Links
Don't you rate Worcester? I thought they were good quality?
Very few pro's on here rate Worcester. They've done an excellent job of marketing themselves, but we were only working out a few days ago that with 320 engineers on the road looking after their boilers, doing an average of five calls each per day, they must be attending in the region of half a million breakdowns a year. Which is rather a lot.

Last edited:
The Worcester OIL boilers constantly drip water... you didn't state if this one was Gas or Oil.

Certainly Worcester rate their boilers better than a lot of us do.

It's a greenstar 24/28. Yes it is upstairs and runs under the bedroom floor to outside and then attached to the waste which is where it's been dripping because the pipe wasn't connected properly.

Yes, when you think about it that is a lot of breakdowns!! I've had no problems with mine so far but I'm bound to have now I've mentioned it!

It's a gas one (I didn't know you could get oil ones but I'm in catering!). I'm getting the message that Worcester aren't rated!! I'm really surprised. Marketing works I guess.

The plumber has now glued the pipe on the join to stop the leak but as this is one of many problems caused by shoddy workmanship I have no faith in him and just want to make sure that the boiler should be producing condensation continually.

Thank you.

How much did you pay him for this boiler installation?

I charge £840 plus the cost of the boiler.

Tony

Well that seems reasonable and not too cheap.

At that price you should not have had "many problems" as you describe it.

How did you choose him?

Tony

He is a friend of family but has been a nightmare from start to finish. Took him over 2 mths to finish the job then didn't connect pipes properly and flooded the kitchen that had just been fitted and it warped the beech work top beyond repair etc etc. All radiators are wobbly ..... I could go on. He is corgi registered so I thought I'd be fine. Hey ho - we live and learn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back