Condensate pipe dripping

Sponsored Links
It sounds like gasmanstu's explanation makes sense so hopefully I've nothing more to worry about. Just in case though, if it's leaking could it be a sign that it's not been fitted properly?

All depends on where its leaking from.

If its 22 mm overflow this should have solvent cement sealed joints although the push fit types of pipe are also Ok and would not usually leak. That size of pipe should be insulated outside!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's been constantly leaking at the where it leaves the house and connects to the waste pipe. It's got a join in the pipe that hadn't been sealed properly. He's now glued it but I didn't think there should be a continuous drip from the boiler. Gasmanstu said that as it runs under the bedroom floor boards there might not be enough angle on the pipe hence the drip. The pipe isn't insulated on the outside so I'll get him to do that thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back