Condensate pipe leaking onto gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there im hoping for some information as im completely clueless on this subject, my neighbour installed a boiler in the spare room of thier house and without asking ran an external gas pipe down the front of my property and the condensate pipe into my gutter pipe. About 3 months later i got new gutters and rough cast and the guys doing the work cut his condensate pipe from the gutter, i told my neighbour it was up to him to sort this out but now 6 months later the condensate pipe is leaking onto his gas pipe that runs down my property, im aware that the waste is acidic but how dangerous can this be as neighbour has clearly no intention of re routing the pipe, thanks.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/condensate-pipe-leak.581667/#ixzz7CtFAjNRl

Sponsored Links
It's not permitted to run a gas pipe on someone else's property without their permission, and condensate pipes should not be terminated to rainwater gutters either (especially not someone else's). You need to insist that the gas pipe is moved and the condensate is correctly terminated. Could try asking Gas Safe to get involved, see if they'll come out and inspect it (although your roofer may get into trouble for altering the condensate pipe when they aren't qualified to do so)

Condensate pipe will perforate the gas pipe ( I assume gas pipe is copper)

Sponsored Links
Im from Scotland, never seen that bit when signing up sorry

Hopefully that explains

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211122-074524_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-074524_WhatsApp.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 104
Looks like your roofer ripped off the condensate pipe, I was expecting it to be cut back from the guttering.

Either way it's not upto code and it needs sorting.

The gas pipe I can see why they put it on your wall, and it looks like the extension hangs over your side to.

Really the gas pipe should have been clipped to the extension wall, however technically it's encroaching on your boundary either way

I will have a word with him again thanks for that, Is there any real danger of any accident happening with that gas pipe or am I worried about nothing?

It's tucked out of the way by looks of things, other than the condensate pipe needs terminating correctly, not into your or his guttering

Will the condensate waste eventually corrode through the gas pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back