condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm planning to redo the condensate pipe from my boiler. The pipe is currently 22mm however I want to cut this and replace part inside and the entire outside section with 32mm to avoid the pipe freezing without the need of insulating. Is there a part I can get to make the 22-32 couple? How is this usually done?

Also is pushfit or s.weld better for the 32mm section?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
www.bes.co.uk 34th item down the page. Personally use solvent. Cut the 22mm outside, fit reducer then 32mm to drain. Best way is to go 32mm from inside but i'm assuming you wont have a 32mm coredrill .

www.bes.co.uk/products/129.asp. 34th item down the page. Personally use solvent. Cut the 22mm outside, fit reducer then 32mm to drain. Best way is to go 32mm from inside but i'm assuming you wont have a 32mm coredrill .

The link does not work.

Sponsored Links
I've changed the link :oops: From the main page go to plumbing fittings, then waste fittings, then its the 34th ish item down

why not do it in 40mm? bigger the better really. Make sure it starts inside. Any exposed 3/4" outside is liable to freezing.

Hi all. I have finished replacing the condensate waste with 32mm (SW). Thank you for your replies and advice.

Fingers crossed we don't get any freezing now.

Cheers

personall i changed tactics with my condensate drains last year after the ferocious freezing up and countless phone calls. I used to go through the wall in overflow pipe with a grommet adaptor to get it to 1'1/4. had loads of probs

Since then i take the overflow pipe only a foot or so below boiler cut it, run it into 1'1/4 pipe that goes through the wall. i also leave an open end between the overfolw pipe and the waste pipe!

Touch wood no calls yet and its been bloody freezing up here. The open end is good because even if it freezes o/s then it wont track back to the boiler and cause damage. explain fully to cust to check in freezing conditions and make sure there's not water leaking onto the floor!

View media item 28711
Could not get at pipe outside, so in desperation (my home) did that. Now have no problems with freezing. :D

Come warmer weather and a bit of scaffolding, what is my best solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back