condensate query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Quick query. I am struggling to find a suitable place for a boiler to be fitted. I've had an idea of using my outhouse. I can route water pipes to it and a flue would be permitted their. Only query is the condensate. I do have a drain that I can break into but I believe it to be a rain water drain. My guttering feeds into a pipe that runs vertically down my house wall into this drain. I want to know if this can be used for the condensate?

This is the only option i have really apart from having my awkward house re-built... :confused:

All advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
it can go into the ground using an appropriate soakaway if your nowwhere near a waste pipe.

Well, I have a underground drain that runs right past my outhouse, It wouldn't be difficult to access this drain and run a waste. I just don't know whether it is permitted to use a drain for condensate that serves my rain water draining. Would it be against building regs?

Sponsored Links
what about with one of them there salamander condensate neutralizers??

does any one know if ANY manufacturers have ok'ed these yet, dam handy if they have

I read somewhere that the acidity in condensate was the same as tomato juice So if thats the case what is the problem?

Why is a rainwater drain not ok? They go into....soakaways.

ChrisR said:
Why is a rainwater drain not ok? They go into....soakaways.

has to go to a lime chip soakaway or a foul drain, not allowed back into water table chris

pain aint it

that`s buggered the tomato growers on the French alps, then :confused: :rolleyes: ........vive L`Evian :LOL:

It's all a load of fuss about nothing I've drunk it, just tastes like puddle water can't detect any acidity. Central heating water after powerflushing with fx2 tastes nicer though. On the whole I prefer urine.

Paul Barker said:
It's all a load of fuss about nothing I've drunk it, just tastes like puddle water can't detect any acidity. Central heating water after powerflushing with fx2 tastes nicer though. On the whole I prefer urine.

Do you prefer male or female urine never tasted either myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back