Condensation in garage after new concrete pour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My internal garage brick walls get saturated with condensation, hoping you guys can shed some light as to why and how to stop it.

The walls a double skin with cavity.

Roof is ply with felt top.

Where the roof extends out past the walls all the way around, there is an gap underneath the roof so I assume their is good airflow.

The concrete was poured about two months ago to standard regs, it sits on top of a membrane and finishes an inch above ground level.

There doesn't seem to be any weather pattern to when the condensation forms, it can be the exact same conditions, 1 day condensation, 1 day bone dry, whether its rain, cold or very damp outside.

The concrete feels dry to the touch, I left a tarp on it over night and the underside of the tarp was wet with what I assume is condensation, but the concrete was dry.

Any ideas on whats causing it?

Sponsored Links
It's all about humidity, air temperatures and dew points.

And that slab is unlikely to be dry yet, even after two months at this time of year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back