Just to update I've bought new bottom loft insulation from Wickes as the previous stuff looks nasty, I've kept the top layer as that looked ok.

I've cut out the plastic off the plasterboard and on doing so I could smell the emulsion paint I've been using, which is where he plastic condersates the most. Although prior to me painting there was loads mould in the same places.

I've ordered 10 felt laps, one many would you say I should fit and where is best. The roof has solar panels fitted and I am nervous about damaging the felt. Thanks for all the advise so far.

Sponsored Links
8 of 10 Lap vents installed, plastic cut off plasterboard, new bottom layer insulation installed.

Now it's the waiting game.

Thanks for all the advise :)

Moisture in rising warm air is condensing on the underside of the plastic where it is cold, and it can't escape because of the plastic. Put the insulation back in the first instance. Loft ventilation would help, if someone hadn't put plastic sheet over your plasterboards - any rising moisture can't get into the loft space in the first place. I would remove that plastic if possible. It shouldn't be there.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back