Condensation problem

No its boxed in. Had to unscrew plyboard to see it. Infact the British Gas Engineer signed it off as safe a month ago - I'm sure there is no way it could have been.

Who boxed it in and when, why have you not called BG back, why do you feel it is better to post the query on here rather than take it up with BG, especially after you said that BG had serviced it in November, the most sensible action would of been to get BG back straight away, considering your statement above, that you even thought it was not safe, but you thought I know I will ask on DIYnot, even though I think it is dangerous and have recnetly had it serviced by the largest gas service company in the country.

Sponsored Links
As mentioned before, get emergency medical treatment.
I am not an expert on this matter, but logic indicates that you would be entitled to compensation.
Bg should have someone on your doorstep in one hour, and carry on until all is repaired and safe. In stead of a bill, they should send you flowers and an apology. And free gas in perpetuity.
As the poor workmanship caused the need for medical treatment, AND should count yourself and your family lucky to be alive, and I mean that literally, I think you should contact CORGI and HSE.
If I made a blunder like that, I would hope and pray not to end up in court for gbh.

Sponsored Links
This is so ridiculous its got to be a xmas wind up. Probably you know who with another name :eek:

This is so ridiculous its got to be a xmas wind up. Probably you know who with another name :eek:

That was my reaction when I first saw the post!!

I would still like to see a photo of offending installation !!

This is not good and you should get to the hospital. Also get a corgi engineer out to look at the damage and if it has not happened since bg have been then call a solicitor because the engineer needs to taken off the streets and you will be in for a very big compensation cheque. BG are liable for this error and you are very lucky that you will be alive on xmas day so long as you leave your boiler off. Also the flue could contain asbestos.

Call corgi on 01256372300 and they will advise you.

As mentioned before, get emergency medical treatment.
I am not an expert on this matter, but logic indicates that you would be entitled to compensation.
Bg should have someone on your doorstep in one hour, and carry on until all is repaired and safe. In stead of a bill, they should send you flowers and an apology. And free gas in perpetuity.
As the poor workmanship caused the need for medical treatment, AND should count yourself and your family lucky to be alive, and I mean that literally, I think you should contact CORGI and HSE.
If I made a blunder like that, I would hope and pray not to end up in court for gbh.

or manslaughter

£orgi wouldn't do a thing, other than take a bit more money off BG to let their man work for himself at weekends.

They are in cahoots with the big companies and it would bet brushed under the carpet after the mandatory minimum publicity needed to 'look as though they were acting responsibly' :rolleyes:

£orgi are a joke, just toothless dogs, looking to police those doing their job properly and ignoring the illegal workers whom they can't track and trying to dream up new ways to increase their revenue :evil:

£orgi are a joke, just toothless dogs, looking to police those doing their job properly and ignoring the illegal workers whom they can't track and trying to dream up new ways to increase their revenue
Spot on there Dave, makes you wonder why we bovver though eh.

i take it zimmers is the practical billy no mates/brain and when ridiculed he changes sex, clothes, passport blah blah blah.

We should start a comp and see who spots zimmers first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back