Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 3.6 x 2.4 mtr shed that will house a vented tumble dryer and freezer amongst other bits and pieces. I have lined it with sisalkraft breathable building paper and plasterboard, no insulation in the 45mm cavity void. When I get chance I plan to skim the plasterboard with board finish.
My question - will I run into condensation problems, if so, how can I prevent it?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi plas03
you should be al right with condensation as long as u
vent your tumble dryer to outside your shed, i would recrmend
insulation as well ok.

i would say the likelyhood of condensation will be quite high, depending upon several factors.

if it -5 degrees outside, and you are running the tumble dryer as well as the freezer (obviously), having just emptied one load onto the side, then yes the risk will be high.

it may show itself as black mould initially, and will typically manifest itself behind objects near to the outside walls, i.e. freezer and tumble dryer.

how to fix? - ventilation - insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back