Condensing boiler flue too close to eaves?

Outcome: I went to the Local Authority Building Regulations people and was told by an Inspector that they would have no problem with the terminal being sited on the wall where the old one is; no plume kit, no making holes in the eaves or roof, nothing apart from sealing up the small old larder ventilator that fell within 300mm from the terminal.

He wanted to know where my CORGI registered Installer had got the idea from so I called the Installer there and then on my mobile and said I was with a Buildings Inspector who was wondering where my installer had got his information. I was met with a cagey answer about the flue extensions having been "policy at a place I used to work". I said thanks and I would get in touch with him about getting the work done with no flue extensions as it had now been verbally approved by the Inspector.

Surprise, surprise, the next day the Installer hit the 'reject' button whenever I tried to call his mobile.

You can all draw your own conclusions, as I have done.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the feedback, consumer.

It's a shame the original RGI left a bad taste in your mouth. Hopefully the next one will better clued up (as you now are).

Can never understand the reasoning of some people why do they want to make the job more complicated than needs be . If they want to make more money why not get the job done as quick as possible and move on to the next one instead of leaving a customer with a bad experience.
Very stupid in my opinion. And in this case he has lost a lot of money because of it and any future recommendations that would have came his way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back