Condensing boiler plume, acidic or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm looking a definitive answer, so where better to ask than here!?

There are those_who_should_know who tell me that the plume is just water vapour, but there are also those_who_should_know who tell me that is mildly acidic because it contains other products of combustion (oxides of nitrogen?)

Views and comments please!

Sponsored Links
Hi
I'm looking a definitive answer, so where better to ask than here!?

There are those_who_should_know who tell me that the plume is just water vapour, but there are also those_who_should_know who tell me that is mildly acidic because it contains other products of combustion (oxides of nitrogen?)Views and comments please!

the second one is correct

If the condensate is mildly acidic then it follows that the condensation in the plume will be the same.

Sponsored Links
it is acidic enough that if you let the flue drip onto a concrete path, it will erode it and you will see the bits of stone sticking through the surface.

just wondering for what reason would someone ask this question

came up with the luxury sports car on drive rarely used parked next to boiler flue and now it needs a respray

it is acidic enough that if you let the flue drip onto a concrete path, it will erode it and you will see the bits of stone sticking through the surface.

It's also acidic enough to erode your boiler, an unfortunate side effect which was overlooked

I measured the condensate from an oil boiler. It was pH3, which is about the same as vinegar.

I am sure veissmann,who ok may not be that well known in this country on the domestic side,but that commercial kit is known as rolls royce in the commercial industry

Being German and their obsession with engineering i am sure they will not use cheap stainless steel,specially as their single pass heat exchanger is their own design and comes with ten year warranty.|Everyone else including vaillant glwoworm Biasi baxi are all using the ginnoni heat exchanger .

Actually the most impressive thing on Veissmann is their single pass heat exchanger and the size of its bore ,the rest of the parts are all industry standard

One the major issues with the ginnoni heat exchanger is because of the size of waterways,its actually 5mm in some places,plus its dual pass,its very easy to block them up with sludge.

This the reason why all manufacturers are so insistent on the system being meticulously clean

I am sure veissmann,who ok may not be that well known in this country on the domestic side,but that commercial kit is known as rolls royce in the commercial industry

Being German and their obsession with engineering i am sure they will not use cheap stainless steel,specially as their single pass heat exchanger is their own design and comes with ten year warranty.|Everyone else including vaillant glwoworm Biasi baxi are all using the ginnoni heat exchanger .

Actually the most impressive thing on Veissmann is their single pass heat exchanger and the size of its bore ,the rest of the parts are all industry standard

One the major issues with the ginnoni heat exchanger is because of the size of waterways,its actually 5mm in some places,plus its dual pass,its very easy to block them up with sludge.

This the reason why all manufacturers are so insistent on the system being meticulously clean

just been on the viessmann installer training and it seems like a good boiler although i have heard a lot of bad press on there past models and customer support.

I'd go further and say I think the Giannoni is sh*t.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back