Conduit in wall for running cable through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a conduit in teh wall to run power and other cables upto a wall mounted tv. I've looked in Screwfix and Toolstaion and not finding anything that looks suitable. What sort of conduit do I need?

Sponsored Links
Sort of depends on what type of cables and how many you want to run to the telly, the scart connectors are enormous and you will need a large diameter conduit to pass the connectors through. You also should not run mains cables in the same conduit as signal cables.

I've only had to do this a couple of times and in my own home, but I run 25mm round conduit for the signal cables. It's a sensible enough size to be able to chase in, and will quite easily take a coax, cat5e and 2x HDMI. There's really very little need to use SCART connections any more with a modern TV and peripherals, which is just as well, because it's a horrible interconnect.

If you must run cables with large plugs on either end, run in some 25*16 mini trunking and put the cables into it, then replace the lid before plastering.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. What do you do at each end to both bend the conduit and then to provide a tidy finish at teh surface where the conduit comes to?

If I were to be installing such a solution I'd be looking to use deep backboxes and brush outlet plates rather than trying to bend the conduit.

Yup, deep backbox and brush plate behind the TV, and a proper connection plate wherever your source(s) are located.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back