Confused about bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just upgraded my Main Bonding with 16mm cable from CU to earth block where it picks up the earth from the DNO cable.

I then have 10mm earth cable from here and have bonded the gas, water mains, and heating pipes.

In the kitchen I have bonded the sink and pipes for the tap. But after reading threads on here I'm worried I have introduced a potential. All sockets in the house are RCD protected via a split load CU.

Should I remove the bonding I have done in the kitchen is the current setup a disaster waiting to happen?? I thought I was making the install safer.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
No requirement to bond sink or taps/pipes in kitchen. No need to bond central heating pipes. (Unless they are metallic and coming in from outside!)

You don't need to bond heating pipes if they are not from outside the house.
It isn't necessary to bond the pipes or taps in a kitchen, some think of it that a big draining board purposely in contact with the MET poses more risk should someone be in contact with it and receive a shock.
You'll probably find that unless the kitchen taps have plastic inserts that there will be continuity anyway.

Sponsored Links
right, top stuff, thanks for the replies. I will remove the kitchen side of the bonding. thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back