Confusion over insurance terms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been looking for a tradesman to do a bit of work for me and I've found one who carries the logos for Trade Safe, CGS, BBA on his website.

So doing a bit of digging around on the internet I see CGS offer 'Insured Guarantee" but not "Insurance-backed Guarantee".

Is any one able to clarify the difference, if there is one, and is one preferable over the other?

Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy,

It's to look at excavating out the floor in the dining room as it has a slight slope and rather uneven. No sign of heave, subsidence or chemical attack so I'm looking for tradesmen for quotes to excavate and replace to regulations, organise BC inspection etc.

I wouldn't normally consider a guarantee (or insurance covered one) if it was something simple and cheap but as this is neither I thought it prudent to look into it.

Do you know the difference between the two terms?

Sponsored Links
Well, yes, I plan to do that regardless as it's standard practice.

However, it's these two insurance terms I'm stuck on. Any ideas?

Simon

Well, yes, I plan to do that regardless as it's standard practice.

However, it's these two insurance terms I'm stuck on. Any ideas?

Simon

How do you know these Tradesmen have kept up on the payments of this type of Insurance ??

As said before go to reliable builders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back