Connecting 40 mm combined bath basin waste to 110 horizontal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The waste from my bath and basin join up and connect to a horizontal 110 mm soil pipe run .. I was getting gurgling sounds from the trap but all in all it seemed to work ..

Now I am remodelling I am reviewing the plumbing situation and want to relocate the horizontal section from the wc from above to below floor as it is currently visible in the room next door ..

Please see the pics .. what would you recommend?

185000_184900_43971_67648952_thumb.jpg
[/url]
[/img][/img]

Sponsored Links
If the traps were gurgling before, there may be an issue with the venting arrangements for the soil system, or at least that branch.

Some seem to consider fitting an AAV to be a panacea for all soil stack problems, but that is not the case. They only relieve negative pressures, they will do nothing for a build up of positive pressure.

Take up the floor where the present 110mm pipe drops through it. Cut the pipe and add a length of straight pipe running to where you want it using a straight coupler. I would prefer to use solvent weld fittings under a floor.
Either re-fit the existing tee using another coupler, or fit a bend on the end, bringing the soil pipe up where you want it behind the WC pan.

Either fit a strap boss to the side of the horizontal pipe to accept the 40mm waste, or re-fit the waste into the adaptor in the end of the tee.

Consider extending the vertical soil pipe upwards in the corner of the room to fit an AAV if appropriate, or on up through the roof as an open vent if required.

That 2" deep notch in a joist for the 40mm waste is more than a little worrying.
http://www.zurich.co.uk/NR/rdonlyre...E1-BAB80D1377EE/0/500041004BG886604WebOpt.pdf

I plan to bolster support the joists by sandwiching them with some steel where they have been hacked into.

wrt the plumbing .. what would you recommend for connecting the 40 mm pipe to the end of the 110 horizontal run? Can you link to some parts please?

Also where would the aav begin and how tall does it have to be? Will it fit into the 830 mm boxed section I am making for the duofix prewall frame I a plan to use?

185000_184900_43999_55000804_thumb.jpg
[/url][/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back