CONNECTING E080-10 WITH Galaxy® Dimension Control Panel 3-264

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I AM HAVING Galaxy® Dimension Control Panel 3-264 WHERE AROUND 70 ZONES ARE CONNECTED.
1 KEYPAD CONNECTED IS CP050-00-01.
I WANTED TO CONNECT THE CONTROL PANEL WITH WINPAK-GX, AND FOR THAT I AM TRYING TO CONNECT THE ETHERNET MODULE E080-10.
I HAVE BEEN TRYING MANY WAYS , BUT EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE A FAILURE.

Earlier the Ethernet module(E080-10) was connected to the Galaxy® Dimension Control Panel 3-264 using the port 12v,0v,BC,AD(in E080-10).The LED in the module was blinking but even after configuration, it was not able to PING. Later, I connected the E080-10 to the Control Panel using Primary bus cable. But it seems to be no power in the module, LED from the controller is blinking, but the E080-10 LED is not blinking, means the module is not working. Is there anything which i missed??

If anyone could help me in this it would be so great. Coz its been a while I am stuck with this :( Already crossed the deadline.

Just to get a reply from anyone I tried to post the same question in many threads. Coz the situation is lil worse.

Attaching images.

IMAGE4.jpg IMAGE3.jpg IMAGE2.jpg IMAGE1.jpg

Sponsored Links
That bus cable does not look like the correct cable. It looks like it's going from pin 1 to pin 4. It should be going from pin 1 to pin 1. Let's hope you haven't blown the RS485 transceiver chip by applying 12v across it.

Also, when wired directly, are you sure you have the E080 module wired into the primary bus ? I ask, as you do not have any wires going into A1 B1 screw terminals. The Ethernet module will only work on the first bus.

Scratch that. I see you have them in the other picture. I think you should go back to hard wired as you don't have the cable. Then:

- Power on the Ethernet module.
- Wait until the RS485 LED starts flashing on the module.
- Exit engineering mode 112233 'esc'.

At this point is the module found ?

Note that the -10 module takes about 40 seconds to boot up. It has booted when the RS485 LED flashes. At this point you can try to find it by exiting eng mode. If you try to find the module before the LED flashes, then it will not be found.

I have tried the settings which you said. Still I am not able to PING the module from my laptop.

Settings done from keypad side:
ip address- 192.168.1.15
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway-192.168.1.1

Settings done for my laptop:
ip address- 192.168.1.145
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

One thing i noticed is without connecting the Ethernet module, the keypad shows LINE FAILCOM 4.
Once ethernet module is connected, FAILCOM4 vanishes.
So i think its communicating, but something is missing. Even the LED's in the ethernet module is blinking.

RS485 LED IS BLINKING EVERY 2 SECONDS.
NETWORK LED IS STABLE.
COMM LED BLINKS EVERY SAY 20 SEC.
IMG-20210322-WA0033.jpg IMG-20210322-WA0030.jpg VideoCapture_20210322-115807.jpg VideoCapture_20210322-115812.jpg
Attaching images for your reference.

IMG-20210322-WA0033.jpg IMG-20210322-WA0030.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is showing the below.
Attaching the image.IMG-20210322-WA0055.jpg

Is there a reason why you only have the Ethernet on bus 1? Does a keypad work on that bus ?

With the panel powered off what is the resistance between A1 and 0v ? And what is the resistance between B1 and 0v ?

No, no keypad is working on bus1(Line1). Only ethernet module is connected there.

FYI 2 keyapads are used.CP050 is the model for both. Both are connected parallelly in the port just below the port where -10 is connected(LINE2).
In the ethernet port nothing else is connected,only -10 is connected.
The port under this, 2 keypads and RIO boards are connected(LINE2).

I would like to ask you reading your last post, is it something like Ethernet module and Keypad should be connected to LINE1?Then only -10 will communicate with Keypad??

Using LINE2 connectivity for keypad and RIO boards, i have already finished the testing for all sensors, all are working fine.

Attaching images of:
-The connections in Line1,Line2 ,
-The value showing for A1,0v and B1,0v are same 427k ohm.
-Also Panel Model Number attached.
IMG-20210322-WA0065.jpg
IMG-20210322-WA0064.jpg
IMG-20210322-WA0060.jpg

No, the keypad doesn't talk to the module. The reason I asked about a keypad on bus 1 is that it is strange not to have a keypad on bus 1.

I want you to test that the panel bus 1 is actually working. Wire a keypad to bus 1 and power cycle the panel to ensure that the bus is good.

Did you originally wire the E80 module with the incorrect flying lead or hard wire to the panel? I am suspecting that you may have damaged the E080 module by wiring 12v across the A and B terminals when you used the wrong cable.

Initially I didnt have the bus cable(flying lead), it didnt come with the E080 module. So I did hard wired. And as explained earlier, LED's started blinking, assigned the IP, Subnet,Gateway in the keypad. Thought it would ping. But it didnt. So bought a flying lead from local market, but that didnt work at all, it didnt even power up the module.
So came back to the hard wire.

I will surely test the bus by connecting 1 keypad to it, but will it affect my programmed alarm config??

Also i would like to ask u, what if I connect ethernet module and 1 keypad to LINE1 and try the config again. Whats your opinion. May be I doubt Keypad in Line2 is not communicating with the E080 in LINE1.

Also i would like to ask u, what if I connect ethernet module and 1 keypad to LINE1 and try the config again. Whats your opinion. May be I doubt Keypad in Line2 is not communicating with the E080 in LINE1.

The devices do not talk to each other, they only talk to the main CPU in the panel which is the Master.

You need to test bus 1 with a keypad to ensure that there is not a problem with the panel. You can add the keypad, then remove it again to avoid impacting your config.

From your current config, it looks like the COM4 was found and added to the bus. This means that it was working at one point. Now, when you have the module connected it is showing 0%. This makes me think you have damaged the module using an incorrect lead. You need another module to prove this is the case.

Already tested , connected the keypad to Bus1 and keypad is working fine.

Just curious to know. What would happen if we connect keypad and ethernet module in same Bus1??

Already tested , connected the keypad to Bus1 and keypad is working fine.

Just curious to know. What would happen if we connect keypad and ethernet module in same Bus1??

This is a normal config, so it would not cause any issues. Bus 1 supports 4 keypads, 1 Ethernet module, multiple RIO's and many more devices.

When you had the wrong lead connected to the Ethernet module, the reason it did not power up is because the lead was connecting pin 1 to pin 4 on the module. This means that you had connected +12V to A and 0v to B. This may have damaged the E080 module. Do you have another E080 to try ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back