Connecting manifold to existing pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have 2 radiators which are in 2 separate rooms, fairly close to each other at right angles. I'm replacing the radiators with new ones, and want to re-route the pipes to make things neater/easier (having a tiled floor, and this will save tiling around the pipes).

My plan is to run the flow/return pipes from each radiator to one corner of the room next to rad2 (by going through the wall behind rad1). I'll be using 10mm TRV's with push-fit 90 degree fitting as part of it, so the pipe runs horizontally after leaving the TRV (something like the 'Peglar II TRV 10mm Angled'). Hope all that makes sense.

Underneath the floor the 22mm flow and return pipes pass nearby. I am wanting to install something like this (one on the 22mm flow, one on the 22mm return) and then run 10mm plastic pipes to/from each radiator.
(that link should go to screwfix item 96743 - just in case i've messed up the url code)

I've worked with both copper and plastic piping before, and am comfortable with both copper soldering and push-fit, however in this case push-fit is definitely easier as there is limited space under the floor to work.

My question is what connectors/adaptors do i need to connect said Screwfix manifold to the existing 22mm copper, and to 10mm plastic pipes?

I'm guessing it has a BSP thread looking at it - would this mean i'd need some sort of compression connector?

If you could provide links to any suggested items rather than just what they're called that would be great, as i've already spent a few hours searching the internet for all sorts of names which 'sound right' for what i want with no joy :(

Thanks in advance for any advice.
[/url]

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link kev, i'll have a look there and see if i can find what i'm after. The only JG ones i've found upto now have been 4-port ones, or 15mm. I'm after 2-port 10mm.

In response to my original query, i've found what i believe i need (for the 22mm connection at least) is a 'compression female connector 22mm' and a 'compression male connector 22mm'. This looks like it will allow me to connect the 2-port manifold linked to in my post above to the 22mm copper pipe easy enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back