connecting switch to two ceiling lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to connect a light switch to two ceiling lights. The power supply is in a ceiling rose 3 meters away from the wall switch.

I don't know how to insert illustration that I've drawn in this post but you can see it by clicking on

//www.diynot.com/network/hothothot/albums/2402/9169

How do I connect all the cables in the rose to make
light respond to the switch?

I would be very grateful for your help.

Sponsored Links
I've re-edited the question and illustration as the originals were incorrect. Any ideas how to solve the problem?

In the illustration shown the simple way would be to use a length of 1.5mm twin & earth and connect to live to the terminal of the existing rose where the brown wire for the pendant is connected (usually two connection points) the neutral to the other side of the rose (where the black or blue wires are) and the earth to the earth terminal,using g/y sleeving over the bare wire, use the same method at each new rose, this will connect all fittings to the same switch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back