Connecting Toilet Pan to soil pipe on same floor level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I'm in the process of installing my bathroom and i'm wondering how is best to connect into the soil pipe. A tee pointing upwards will mean the flexi pan pipe i'm going to use likely would not have fall on it.

Is there a different type of tee piece i could buy that doesn't stick out so much, or other ideas on what i should do? could i just lay the tee piece flat if i can get a small flexi?

If i were to extend the tee so it was directly behind the toilet that would be better, but involved adding two more joints, one in the 110mm and another in the 55mm that joins it, i'm not sure where would be enough room on the 110mm to add another joint there.

Any suggestions on what is best to ?

thanks.

IMG_20160727_090702.jpg
IMG_20160727_090708.jpg
IMG_20160727_090726.jpg
IMG_20160727_090737.jpg
IMG_20160727_090741.jpg
IMG_20160727_090750.jpg

Sponsored Links
Dropping soil into a horizontal run via a T junction is a recipe for disaster. Use a bend to allow the flushing water to carry the soil away.

T not good.jpg

Sponsored Links
Who fitted that soil like that? You need to get that t in line with the bog. Why is there a gap between the units? Thats not helping.

Who fitted that soil like that? You need to get that t in line with the bog. Why is there a gap between the units? Thats not helping.

A numpty that has absolutely no idea that`s who.

You need to cut the 110mm back nearer where it comes out the wall, (leave enough pipe to be able to get a coupler on!), then fit a new piece of soil pipe of appropriate length to bring the junction in line with the outlet from the pan.

Dropping soil into a horizontal run via a T junction is a recipe for disaster. Use a bend to allow the flushing water to carry the soil away.

View attachment 102691

As said, complete BS!! You should be banned, you're clueless!
Cut the horizontal 110mm soil pipe, insert a new branch at any angle you want, reconnect the waste pipe into the horizontal pipe.

With single pipe soil/waste systems the waste pipe should go into the vertical stack, but in the real world.

OK so you think it is bullshit, you are off course qualified in fluid dynamics as well as being qualified to stick combis on walls.

If there is another toilet using the horizonal soiil pipe then the flush from that will almost certainly flush away any soil that goes the wrong way when it drops out of the T. The flow from the bath / wash basin may be enough to achieve that.

OK so you think it is bullshit, you are off course qualified in fluid dynamics as well as being qualified to stick combis on walls.

If there is another toilet using the horizonal soiil pipe then the flush from that will almost certainly flush away any soil that goes the wrong way when it drops out of the T. The flow from the bath / wash basin may be enough to achieve that.

BG I'm a fully qualified time-served Plumber & Heating Engineer, with over 40 years experience on every type of installation. I know the regulations, best practice & manufacturers installation instructions like the back of my hand. I can install drainage & above ground soil/waste systems with my eyes closed.
You on the other hand are a complete idiot with a Google button as the only insight into the Plumbing industry. Fluid dynamics my arze!!

You have a charmed life here, repeatedly hand out incorrect & poorly informed advice. Why for the life of me you've not been banned for the incorrect & dangerous gas advice you hand out???!!!

Sg86 after a further look at your photos I see it's a Marley 110mm branch with ring seal joints. It maybe possible to swivel the existing branch to a desired angle then fit a flexi WC connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back