Connecting vertical radiator at top via roofspace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in a top floor flat and plan to fit a few full height vertical radiators connected via the roofspace (some rooms will connected via the floor).

Can I connect the in and out pipes to these vertical radiators at the top only so that all you see are two pipes going up into the ceiling?

Would I have to fit the radiator thermostats at the top? And would this affect the performance of the radiators? (I've planning to get a top of the line combi)

Will be getting a heating engineer to fit it all.. just at planning stage!

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
basically no.when i last did this on a chrome towel rad i basically brought chrome pipes with chrome stand off clips.down the side to the bottom.a little bit more was involved.using soldered fittings etc but did look good and the customer was pleased as punch.

Thanks for your reply Holty!

What if the flow is connected to the bottom and the return to the top. That would involve only one pipe dropping from the ceiling to the bottom of the radiator?

Might that work?

sounds better.the usual rad system is based on bottom and top connections.where rad heating outputs are concerned.what you have to think though would it look better.why dont you just chase the wall out instead.

Sponsored Links
Good point - think I'll just try and run the single pipe down behind (or as elegantly as possible) the rad as in this case chasing would be difficult.

Thanks for your help H ;)

Jamie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back