connection blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can lighting circuit have junction boxes screwed to joist so rather than 4 cables going into a rose you have one with the others joined at the box?
or can you get a wago connector that can be used pulled out for access

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Those are also fine, but still need to be in a suitable enclosure and again, accessible.

Is there some problem with using a ceiling rose, or choc-block/wago at your light fitting?

well i wanted a fancy couple of lights (the wife does) so would prefer not to have a ceiling rose. The only issue i can see is having a large enough hole for the access and would like it below a joist so it can take weight of light

How are these lights designed to be installed and supported and connected?

How many terminals do they have in them?

Shouldn't the first port of call be to install them the way the manufacturer says?

well i wanted a fancy couple of lights (the wife does) so would prefer not to have a ceiling rose. The only issue i can see is having a large enough hole for the access and would like it below a joist so it can take weight of light

I see! You may find that there's room in the fancy light fitting for the cables and to connect the loop conductors. Some even have an extra terminal for this. Could you post a pic of the fitting and its terminals?

Thanks Sherlock Sheds!

OP, if this is a rewire, then have you considered looping in at the switches, then you don't have to f4nny about with junction boxes and multiple cables at ceiling roses at all. Or is it too late? Just a thought. Wagos love living in switch boxes.

One solution may be to fit a noggin between two joists, leaving a small gap between the bottom of the noggin and the top of the ceiling; and fit a circular besa/conduit box to it, cut into the ceiling.

This will house the connections, and HOPEFULLY will give you fixings at the correct spacing to fix the light fitting to.

If where you want to situate the light falls right on a joist, you may want to think again.

Is there not space in these light fittings to accomodate all the wiring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back