Connection of shower drainage to WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a shower into a ground floor WC as a wet room. I want the floor to drain into the WC as there is no other drainage nearby. I know that I will need a trap, but it will have to go below ground level, and connect into the WC. The floor is concrete. Is this legal, adisable and possible?

Sponsored Links
Might be best to fit a gully with a hopper outside of the external wall connected to your ex-drain pipe then fit the shower waste outlet to the gully
picture
picture

Example,
mdawson2.jpg

masona said:
Might be best to fit a gully with a hopper outside of the external wall connected to your ex-drain pipe then fit the shower waste outlet to the gully
picture
picture

Example,
mdawson2.jpg

Thanks for that, but thats quite a lot of work as the external drain pipe is several meteres away round the corner.

will you be keeping the WC as well as the shower? Does the WC waste pipe go through the wall or down into the floor then through the wall?

pete

Sponsored Links
peter anderson said:
will you be keeping the WC as well as the shower? Does the WC waste pipe go through the wall or down into the floor then through the wall?

pete

Pete
Yes we want to keep the WC. The waste pipe goes down into the floor, but its not against an outside wall. I suspect it goes across the kitchen directly to the stack on the other side of the house.

Chris

Do you not have hand basin which you could connect the shower waste to ?

Just out of interest, is it an old house? Is the WC a recent installation? I'm surprised that the WC soil pipe goes across the house under the floor. It must be a very long pipe. I wonder how you would clear it if it got blocked. Presumably the WC isn't against the outer wall? It must be a fairly big downstairs toilet room if you can fit a shower as well in there.

Sorry, I haven't any ideas at the moment about what you could do.

Well the only other thing you can do is to fit a shower pump and take it to your nearest waste pipe,see this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back