Replace old wc with new close coupled wc

Like I said the sides taper, so the top comes out further than the bottom. The top of the pan will butt to the wall but the sides will be open.

Does that make sense :confused: ?

Sponsored Links
It is the dimension from back of outlet to back of cistern that is the critical one.

Most old contract pans that sit over a 100 dia outlet , require the outlet too far from the back wall for a normal close coupled suite to be a direct replacement.

If you cant visualise it , you will soon understand when you try to fit it :D

Luckily my soil stack is practically pushed up against the wall. So I should be able to get the new toilet up close to the wall without having to box around it.

How close is yours tryitandsee?

Here is my disgusting toilet at the mo. Being ripped out at the weekend :D

Outletpipe.jpg

Ah, I thought you had a difficult position like tryitandsee

Sponsored Links
I thought they only did 'S' and 'P' traps is mine not an S trap?

Sorry if I've got muddled :oops:

I get it.

So tryitandsee's soil stack is quite a way into the room as opposed to mine which is close to the wall.

Hmmm tricky :confused: I can only see boxing in as a solution.

I too looked long and hard for a solution to this one. My downstairs S trap loo had a clay pipe, 10" from wall to centre with a 6" collar

Nothing was going to fit :(

I ended up boxing the whole back wall of the loo, installing a BTW pan and eventually plumbed in a little hand basin on the boxing. Turned out quite nice if I do say so myself :D

Sorry for not replying earlier, have already taken one cc wc back to Wicks as no amount of fiddling would make it fit. B&Q sold one and is the best compromise so far, have 1" gap to fill behind on the wall. I will gripfill mdf or simular with small shelf/lip with and quadrant bead, not brilliant, but a dam sight better than what was there before.

Amanda, looking at that picture of yours, you will have no problem fitting any cc wc there. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back