Connection of wireless receiver with Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler - Brirish Gas 532i Model
British gas WR1 receiver.

i am looking for connections of BG WR1 receiver with 532i model boiler . please help if anyone got that .

as of now wr1 is connected with my boiler. Pic attached. can someone please advise how can i bypass the WR1 receiver at the boiler ( in the pic)?

Regards

Sponsored Links
I got hot water working ok but no CH. So thinking to bypass thermostat for time being andcheck if the central heating working ok.

Can u pls provide your inputs abot the connections?

Sponsored Links
I really need your help to understand the connection at the receiver.
I drawn the connection at the receiver and snapped the connection from manual.

i don't think they are matching at all.

actually i got only 2 wires coming from the boiler to the receiver as shown in image (boiler internal connection . jpg) N and L and this is connected to N and L in the receiver and no other wire is coming boiler to receiver. this way it is not matching as per the manual.

can anybody please provide their comments ?

The reason your boiler is not lighting for CH is that there are no connections to Lr and Ls from the receiver.

There are two ways you can do this:

1 Connect Ls to terminal 1 on the WR1; connect Lr to Terminal 3 on the WR1.

2. Connect terminal L to terminal 1 on the WR1 (leave the existing wire in terminal L); connect Lr to Terminal 3 on the WR1.

Many thanks for your reply.

The confusion here and surprises me a lot is, I haven't touched any connections neither with the receiver nor with boiler! How come heating was working before. That is what I want to understand. Is there any scenario you can think of please ?

Please let me know in case you need any other input.

I tried following options
1. changed the batteries.
2. checked with increasing and decreasing the temp at thermostat.
3. changed the capacitors in the receiver.

but with no luck!

is there any kind of fuse in the boiler for the CH ?

I may be wrong here, but I seem to recall you posting this same problem before you fitted the wireless room stat. Am I correct?
I also thought you had a photo showing a 3port mid position valve or a terminal box that indicated you had a 3port valve, because of the wire colours.
If the above is correct, then the reason why you don't get CH is more likely related to the valve than stat.
So can you confirm when you fitted the wireless stat and if you had the problem previous to this?

The confusion here and surprises me a lot is, I haven't touched any connections neither with the receiver nor with boiler! How come heating was working before. That is what I want to understand. Is there any scenario you can think of please?
The only possible scenario is that the diverter valve was sticking partly open, so the radiators heated up when hot water was called. But that's really clutching at straws.

I don't understand your wiring drawing. Are the terminals marked N, L, and 1 to 4 the terminals in the receiver? If so there is a wire marked grey connected to terminal 3. This is the wire which should be connected to the Lr terminal at the boiler. But I can't see it in the photo.

Can you check and confirm that the grey wire is connected to terminal Lr.

Does the receiver give any indication of receiving the on/off signal?
Assuming it is getting the signal, if you're clever enough to go changing the capacitors then changing the switching relay should be no problem at all to you.
Have you tried linking Ls and Lr yet?
Have you re-synchronised the the two units?

yes the points mentioned N L 1 2 3 4 are at the receiver. from boiler (connected to N and L shown in pic ) only 2 wires are coming. added other snap (colored )

There is nothing coming from Boiler (Lr and Ls ) to the receiver.

from Boiler N is connected to receiver N (Black wire)
from Boiler L is connected to receiver L (Brown wire)

Answering Slugbabydotcom question
Yes , i have changed the capacitor but not the switching relay. where it is located? any link where i can find the information about this please ?

both the units are synchronized well. green light is on and when i increase the temp. red light blinks and then goes off green light stays.

I haven't tried linking Lr and Ls (Sorry ! actually I want to understand how the circuit was working)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back